Cultural and Linguistic Competency Training
The Children’s and Families Council on Prevention Programs and VCTF are introducing a series of Cultural Competence discussion guides. We believe these discussion guides will make it easier to incorporate Cultural Competence as a continuing conversation within your organization. All VCTF programs are required to participate in Cultural Competence discussions with your staff.
- 3 year programs should finish the five guides over 3 years
- 1 year programs should begin with the first 3 guides, you may complete the remaining discussion guides if you receive future VCTF funding
A PDF of the complete discussion guides can be downloaded HERE. PowerPoint presentations for each of the guides are available below.
- Discussion Guide 1: The Journey toward Cultural and Linguistic Competence
- Discussion Guide 2: Standing up to Bias: Mine, Yours, Ours
- Discussion Guide 3: Talking about Social Justice
- Discussion Guide 4: Who are We? Exploring Issues of Racial and Ethnic Identity
- Discussion Guide 5: Social Determinants: Implications for Service Delivery
Three specialists have trained to answer questions about your Cultural Competence discussions:
The Vermont Federation of Families for Children’s Mental Health
Youth In Transition Program Coordinator
Former VCTF Board Member