The deadline for 2021 VCTF grants has passed. Please check back in January 2021 for our 2022 grant cycle.
Please read the guidelines below, then login or register at the bottom of the page to begin your application.
GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT, GUIDELINES AND APPLICATIONS
The Vermont Children’s Trust Foundation is pleased to announce Fiscal Year 2021 funding opportunities for new programs or to enhance or expand services for Vermont children and youth. Grants are given to private non-profit organizations, schools, and public entities (town government, etc.).
- February: Applications available online
- April: Application deadline extended to April 1, 2020
- June: Notifications sent to all applicants
- September: Funding available to successful applicants who have signed grant agreements and submitted all required documentation.
The Vermont Children’s Trust Foundation Grants are for primary prevention programs, serving children ages 0-18. These programs strive to reduce the likelihood of juvenile delinquency, truancy, substance abuse, child abuse and other socially destructive behaviors before intervention by authorities, through strength-based activities in a community-based setting. These programs:
- Affirm and promote positive family functioning;
- Work to positively impact societal forces that affect parents, children and youth;
- Strive for coordinated and effective youth services, including service to at-risk youth
- Promote racial equity and reduction of race disparities
Successful proposals will reference the organization’s policies and practices relevant to providing services that are culturally and linguistically competent, and discuss how the organization promotes equity and access of services to all individuals, including those with disabilities and across socioeconomic status, racial and ethnic identity, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
State Outcomes and Protective Factors for Proposals
VCTF funding will support proposals that address one of the following State Outcomes:
- Vermont’s families are safe, nurturing, stable, and supported.
- Vermont’s children and young people achieve their potential.
In addition to the State Outcomes, applicants should incorporate one or more of the following Strengthening Family Protective Factors or Youth Thrive Protective and Promotive Factors in their grant application:
- Parental Resilience
- Youth Resilience
- Social Connections
- Knowledge of Parenting and Child Development
- Knowledge of Adolescent Development
- Concrete Support in Times of Need
- Cognitive, Social and Emotional Competence of Children
Two Types of VCTF Grants:
One Year Grants: These grants are available to support planning and implementation of a new program in your community or to enhance or expand an existing program. The maximum grant amount for a one year grant is $10,000.
Equipment Grants: These grants are available to help grantees purchase equipment or supplies. The maximum amount for an equipment grant is $2,000.
Eligibility requirements for VCTF applications
- VCTF will not fund organizations that discriminate against certain groups or individuals in the delivery of programs and service on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation or disability.
- Programs must be open to all and not targeted exclusively to a group that has come to the attention of authorities.
- Participation in programs is voluntary and cannot be mandated by authorities.
- All One year grant recipients are required to participate in cultural competency discussions with their staff. These discussion guides are available online and grantees may complete the guides at their own pace over the course of their grant period.
- VCTF funds new programs or expansions and enhancements of existing programs.
- VCTF does not fund construction projects.
- If your organization is currently receiving VCTF grant funds for a program, you may not apply for another grant for that program until the end of the existing grant (even if you plan to expand or enhance that program). You may, however, apply for a different program.
- Applicants must be in good standing with respect to, or in full compliance with, all taxes due the State of Vermont.
- All regulated child care programs must be in good regulatory standing with the Child Development Division in order to receive funding.
- Applicants must have completed all reports for any previous VCTF grants awarded.
Equipment Grant Guidelines
- VCTF does not fund construction projects.
- Equipment must be transferrable. We do not fund trampolines; climbing structures with overhead monkey bars or more than 3 swings per bay; items in which children cannot be seen when in use, i.e., playhouse; baby walkers; tricycles with spokes.
- Programs who have received an equipment grant within the last two years are not eligible to apply this year.
Completing your application:
- Please register your organization. Once registered, your organization’s information is saved and you will receive a confirmation email from VCTF. If previously registered, please review the ABOUT YOUR ORGANIZATION information for accuracy and make any necessary corrections.
- Begin your application. Please save your work often as you progress through the steps. You may pause and save your application at any point and return to your saved application by logging into your application dashboard. Once you finalize and submit your application, you will not be able to edit or add to your application.
- All applications are required to be submitted electronically. You may prepare answers offline, then copy and paste into the online application.
- If you are using a fiscal agent, you are required to give us the fiscal agent’s Tax ID information, mailing address and the timing of their fiscal year.
- If you provide child care and you are not licensed, you may apply for a grant, but you will need to complete the licensing process within the first year of funding.
- Attachments will not be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Applications will be not be considered if:
- The application format is not followed or is incomplete.
- The purpose of your grant request does not match guidelines for VCTF grants.
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE: For questions about the grant applications please contact [email protected] or call 802-951-8604.
All grant applications are due on or before midnight Wednesday, April 1, 2020. We are unable to grant extensions.